Free Time and Again (Time #1)Books Online Download

Free Time and Again (Time #1)Books Online Download
Time and Again (Time #1) Paperback | Pages: 399 pages
Rating: 3.95 | 17968 Users | 2170 Reviews

Define Books Toward Time and Again (Time #1)

Original Title: Time and Again
ISBN: 0575073608 (ISBN13: 9780575073609)
Edition Language: English
Series: Time #1
Characters: Si Morley
Setting: New York City, New York,1882(United States) Manhattan, New York City, New York(United States)
Literary Awards: Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire (1994)

Narration To Books Time and Again (Time #1)

One of the most beloved tales of our time! Science fiction, mystery, a passionate love story, and a detailed history of Old New York blend together in Jack Finney's spellbinding story of a young man enlisted in a secret government experiment. Transported from the mid-twentieth century to New York City in the year 1882, Si Morley walks the fashionable "Ladies' Mile" of Broadway, is enchanted by the jingling sleigh bells in Central Park, and solves a 20th-century mystery by discovering its 19th-century roots. Falling in love with a beautiful young woman, he ultimately finds himself forced to choose between his lives in the present and the past. A story that will remain in the listener's memory, Time and Again is a remarkable blending of the troubled present and a nostalgic past, made vivid and extraordinarily moving by the images of a time that was ... and perhaps still is.

Describe Regarding Books Time and Again (Time #1)

Title:Time and Again (Time #1)
Author:Jack Finney
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 399 pages
Published:May 1st 2012 by Orion Publishing Group (first published 1970)
Categories:Science Fiction. Time Travel. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fantasy

Rating Regarding Books Time and Again (Time #1)
Ratings: 3.95 From 17968 Users | 2170 Reviews

Column Regarding Books Time and Again (Time #1)
January 12, 2019 reviewMy year in books begins with a re-read of my favorite time travel novel, Time and Again by Jack Finney. Published in 1970, I'm happy to report that the book stands as a vivid parallel universe romance and labor of love from an author who was legitimately enamored by New York City of the 1880s. If I was sectioning off the best books to read each month of the year, this would also be a nominee for the Best of January, with a protagonist journeying to a Manhattan of frozen

I like a good time travel story and I love New York City, so this was an ideal novel for me to read. Its narrator, Si Morley, an advertising artist living in New York City in about 1970 (the year in which the novel was first published), is recruited to participate in a secret time travel project run by a government agency. He persuades the agency to allow him to go back to Manhattan in 1882 so that he can witness the genesis of a family mystery that continues to puzzle his girlfriend. As Si

This book was strange. There were times when I couldn't put it down, and it was facinating, and others, when I seriously considered not finishing it.I'm really glad that I did.It's obvious that the book isn't a modern read, it's got a some what old way of thinking to it. (Even though it was only written in the 70's)My only argument against 'Time and Again' is that it is sometimes too descriptive and long winded. Chapters that should have been expounded were too short, and other's that were

If you like mystery, action and intrigue with a bit of romance and VERY DESCRIPTIVE details of the people, architecture and life in 1880's New York, you will like this book. Interesting method of time travel.I was glad I happened to purchase the illustrated version of the book as the old photo's and sketches added to my enjoyment. Great ending for a book club discussion. Loved the book!(view spoiler)[Surprised and a little confused at the ending when Si actually prevents the meeting of

Oh I love this book!!! It is one of may favorites, and I have a permanent copy on my shelves at home, and have BookCrossed many. When I first read this book, about 30 years ago, I picked it up with great reluctance. The person who recommended it to me had a track record for suggesting some really awful books. I was so pleasantly surprised. It is one of the few books I re-read, and every time I am delighted. The world Si stepped into is one that my family first saw when they came to New York

Maybe it is just me, maybe it is just now, but I could not read this. I got to page 130, and was utterly uninterested. There were a few good details about time and history, but the method of time travel seems too simple, too easy. All you need is a place unchanged by the years, knowledge of the period you're going to, and some good hypnosis? I know, it's fictional anyway, so who cares. And possibly I missed something, since I only read 130 pages. I really enjoyed Finney's Invasion of the

Charming, but Flawed, Tale of Time Travel to 1882 New York"Time and Again" is certainly worth reading, but it has its flaws.For one thing,its far too long and plodding. It would have been a much better book at half its length. The really interesting action doesn't get started until well into the book's second half. The book opens with Simon ("Si") Morley, young artist, working at a New York ad agency. They treat him well, but he's bored silly with making sketches of bars of soap.A mysterious man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Free The Last Mermaid Download Online